As time goes by, a working holiday is not an unfamiliar word anymore. Have you thought of going for a gap year to New Zealand for a working holiday? Many buddies want to know what is the requirement to get a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa for Malaysian.
Basically, the requirement is mostly similar which the quota for each country will vary.
For my Malaysian friend, do take note:
- Some countries can get a Working Holiday visa is up to 8 countries but Malaysia only granted in a few countries:
- Working Holiday visa in Australia and New Zealand (apply via online),
- Work and Travel visa in USA and Canada (which need to apply via an agent)
- Some countries have a list of working holiday countries without quota limit but Malaysia has a limited quota for each country offering Working Holiday visa.
- New Zealand has 1150 quota every year
- Australia has 100 quotas every year
- USA and Canada depends on job availability
This article is going to educate you about the requirement and what New Zealand Working Holiday (NZWH) can do. Don’t miss the chance and get yourself prepare before the registration start!
New Zealand, one of the nicest and purest countries in the world. The scenery there is magnificent and the people are nice. Besides, going there for travelling, how about getting a visa to work and travel in New Zealand. You get the best of both by earning the income rate in the country and get the time to travel the country.
Before getting too excited wanted to go to the country, you need to make sure you are qualified with the visa requirement.
The Requirements to Apply New Zealand Working Holiday Visa for Malaysian
- You must be age 18 – 30
- Your passport must be valid for at least 9 months after you first arrive in New Zealand.
- You must be in good health
- might need to have a chest x-ray and/or a medical examination when asking
- You must have a good character
- Police Certificates may ask as proof of your character
- You must be a citizen of the country this visa is for
- a valid passport from your country of citizenship
- You must have a ticket to leave New Zealand or enough money to buy one
- return ticket or
- proof of sufficient funds to buy a ticket out of New Zealand
- You must have enough money to live on while you’re in New Zealand
- have at least NZ $2250
- evidence either from the bank statement, credit card statement, bank drafts, travellers’ cheque
- You must not have had approval for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa before
Once you meet up all the requirements and ready to continue the application, you need to be aware of what the visa can let you do.
- Every year only granted the quota of 1150
- Duration of 6 months visa
- Work in New Zealand for up to 6 months
- Study or train for up to 6 months in total
- No permanent job can be accepted
- Only can apply thru online
- No children can be brought on a working holiday.
- Partner or family wants to come to New Zealand, they’ll need to apply for their own visa
- all the visa application process is done via online, no need to queue at the immigration office
- the application fee and immigration levy may vary every year
- you can apply for other visas during the stay in New Zealand, for example working holiday extension, visitor, work, seasonal visas etc
- New Zealand has 4 seasons, thus different season has a different kind of job available
Seems a bit complicated? Please continue to read my next post about Guide to Apply New Zealand Working Holiday Visa to get more idea about the visa itself and how to apply for it. Let’s get yourself prepared because a working holiday in New Zealand is a once in a lifetime experience.
You also can choose Australia Working Holiday visa for Malaysian as your alternative destination.